I've been doing some research to figure out the types of social media used in Nest Realty and other realtor brokerages, and which social media sites work the best. I'm fascinated by all of the useful information I've found thus far. As many of you know, social media plays a huge role in our society today. Whether that's people's social life, or businesses methods of communication on social media.
There are many different types of social media used in realty. Some of which are Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook. Many would think that these Realtors use these sites as sales pitch, but that's very rarely the case. During my research I found a realtor company in Manhattan that has recently made a transition to social media. To build a relationship with their followers, maybe even potential clients, "they post information ranging from restaurant recommendations to
neighborhood happenings - which over time builds the relationships and
trust that may eventually turn fans into clients." I found this to be very clever. It makes the increase of their clientele much more subtle. They don't just hop on social media and try to lure people in directly, which greatly benefits their ethos
While doing my research I found the most unexpected social media site- LinkedIn. NorthMarq- a Bloomington- based company did a online perception research study in order to determine if LinkedIn or Facebook were the go-to site to search for information on the professionals within that company. I was really surprised by this, I thought most people would still utilize Facebook to look up personal information about their realtor. Even though LinkedIn was the more utilized site for this particular company that still doesn't necessarily mean that LinkedIn is the better social media site. I think in order to find the best site for Nest Realty or any other company, it will take trial and error. With that, Nest should be on every social media site (ie:Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn) in order to see which particular site they get the most feedback and followers. Thus being able to see what the best social media site it for their company.
Sources:
Fung, Amanda. "Social Media Hits Home." Crain's New York Business. 16 May 2011. Web. 24 October 2015
Parmar, Arundhati. "Real Estate Meets Social Media." LexisNexis Academic. 31 December 2009. Web. 24 October 2015.
No comments:
Post a Comment