Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Nest Realty and Ethos

Nest Realty is a brokerage that my classmates and I will be researching for our project in my UNCW business writing course. They have many components to their business that makes them out shine the other companies her in Wilmington, NC

Ethos is one term we have discussed heavily in my Business Writing course. For those that are unaware of what this term means, it is one of the rhetorical appeals (pathos and logos are the others) and it can be simply referred to as the credibility or character of a company.

From examining Nest Realty's official website at http://www.nestrealty.com/wilmington/ I have seen the outstanding amount of effort and dedication that went into building a brand for this company. They have definitely stayed up-to-date with the latest trends in design of the website and training the various employees. Majority of the time when companies are mainly based off of commission, competition can be a major issue. Another thing that I really found amazing about Nest, was that each realtor didn't see each other as a competitor, more so as a family member. This made the credibility of Nest more reliable, because new clients will be assured in knowing that their realtor is not just viewing them as another piece of commission they can get to before the next, but they are solely concerned with making the client feel comfortable in every aspect of their buying or selling process.

 (Figure 1)
Figure 1 is a picture of how I believe Nest showed some character on their website. I like how they used one of the "magic numbers" to make some aspects of their company stand out. In one of my previous blogs, I stated that the usage of magical numbers creates a easier read for the interested client and a quicker response for the company. I believe Nest did just that with this asset to their website. When the prospective client sees these "3 ways Nest isn't like the rest" they will have something to compare to other potential companies without having to search too deep, and/or they will have 3 more concrete reason why Nest fits better with their wants and needs of buying or selling a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment